Thursday, August 4, 2011

the bride wore red: a parisian wedding

{beautiful day for a wedding}

{brother-in-law and husband}

{pop-up invitations}

{the happy couple}

{congrats!}

{newlyweds}

{taking the trolley}

{la vie en rose}

{hors d'oeuvres}

{macaron tower}

{such a wonderful evening}

Is there anything more romantic than a wedding in Paris? No, I think not. Kiwi's cousin married his gorgeous French bride in a beautiful civil ceremony with La Vie en Rose playing softly in the background. The bride chose a red wedding dress as a nod to her new husband's Chinese heritage. The color red is considered good luck. After the ceremony, we took a trolley across the Seine to the reception location, which was a beautiful historic building that is now being used as a school. We ate foie gras and toasted the happy couple with glasses of champagne. Everything was so lovely but I must say, my favorite part was the macaron tower. It's the stuff dreams are made of. After dinner, all the guests headed downstairs to les caves for more drinks and dancing. It was an incredible experience that we'll never forget. Congrats to the newlyweds!

19 comments:

  1. holy smokes. if this isn't just the most beautiful. oh man. paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a stunning and unique wedding! the bride's smile is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! so pretty, i love her dress! last night i had a dream i said my fiance was parisian (he is persian). random but the title made me thought of it :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. this wedding looks like it's from a magazine. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I love her dress! You're quite the photographer Brie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful wedding, looks like so much fun! I am with you on the macaroon tower, I hate to say it but that almost caught my attention more then the red dress. Love me some macaroons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. sounds like a wedding only dreams are made of. Beautiful. I love the red dress. Congrats to the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the design nerd in me can't get my mind off those invites. Do you have any more photos of them? And the dress, the macarons, the location...it all seems like a fairy tale

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful wedding! Love the red dress, love the macarons, love it all!

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap! This looks like such a stunning wedding!! I love her red dress and I love that macaron tower! And esp. that la vie en rose was playing....sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So incredibly gorgeous, and I LOVE the red dress! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. all of this is beyond stunning. so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Breathtaking! Congrats to the lovely couple!

    xo Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! Congratulations...you won my giveaway! Can't seem to find your email so please get in touch x

    ReplyDelete
  15. She looks incredible in that dress - so daring and stylish and so happy. Love your photos amazing depth!

    ReplyDelete
  16. how beautiful in this??? and la vie en rose is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bonjour,
    You have a lovely blog!! We can’t wait to see your future posts. Check out our beautiful shop sometime. Have a wonderful day!
    Xoxo Jessica & Holly
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chezjolly

    ReplyDelete
  18. That red dress is beyond stunning - what an exquisite wedding!

    ReplyDelete

i heart your comments. every. single. one.